Rates and Policies
Registration Fee: Annual Fee. $35.00 for first child / $20.00 for each additional child in family. To be paid at Registration. Required to reserve spot in class.
Registering for classes at Backstage Dance Studio is a commitment from August to May. Tuition is divided into ten monthly installments (August to May). You are registering for a 35-36 week program and will be charged full tuition each month regardless of attendance and/or school holidays.
All registration, tuition, costume and recital fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Tuition: Method of Payment – choose 1, 2, or 3
1. Auto pay: Automatic monthly debit from Checking Account or Credit of choice. Payment is taken out the 5th of each month. Non-refundable. If payment is not paid by the 8th of the month, a $10.00 late fee will be automatically applied to account.
2. ½ year payment: 2 payments - one in August and one in January. 5% discount on Tuition. Non-refundable.
3. 1 Year Payment: One payment in August. 10% discount on Tuition. Non-refundable.
Class Withdrawal: To withdraw from a class, a written 30 day notice is due via email at Trey@backstagedancestudio.net.
Second child in family receives a 10% monthly tuition discount.
Full payment is due by November 15. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
*This fee will be automatically drafted on November 15, 2019
*Costume Fees are subject to sales tax (prices listed below do not include sales tax)
*Costumes purchased after December 15, 2019 will result in a $5.00 additional fee for shipping and cannot be guaranteed by Recital Picture time.
LEVEL II BALLET/TAP/JAZZ
LEVEL II-LEVEL III
LEVEL IV-LEVEL VII
Full payment is due by April 15. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
PER FAMILY WITH 2+ DANCERS
*Recital Fee will be automatically drafted on April 15, 2020.
Holidays: Backstage will be closed the following dates:
Labor Day (September 2, 2019)
Halloween (October 31, 2019)
Thanksgiving (November 25-29, 2019)
Christmas (December 20, 2019 - January 3, 2020 – Classes will resume on Monday, January 6, 2020)
Spring Break (March 9-13, 2020) – Conroe Location Only
Spring Break (March 16-20, 2020) – Montgomery Location Only
Good Friday (April 10, 2020)
• Pre-School & Ballet/Tap I: Black or pink leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt (optional),
ballet shoes, black tap shoes, hair up.
• Jazz/Hip/Hop I, Jazz/Acro I & Jazz/Musical Theatre I: Black leotard, tan tights, Capris or jazz pants
or dance shorts, tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
• Ballet/Tap/Jazz II: Black or pink leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt (optional), pink ballet
shoes, black tap shoes, and tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
• Musical Theatre II & III: B lack leotard, tan tights, Capris or jazz pants or dance shorts,
tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up
• Hip/Hop II and Hip/Hop III: Athletic clothing like tank tops, t-shirts, and yoga pants/shorts (no jeans), clean tennis shoes, hair up.
• Drill Team Technique: Black leotard, black jazz pants, tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
• Ballet III - VII: Black leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt or black dance shorts, pink split sole
ballet shoes, hair in bun.
• Jazz III - VII & Lyrical: Black leotard, tan tights, black Capris, jazz pants or dance shorts, tan split sole jazz shoe or dance paws, hair up.
• Adults: May wear appropriate comfortable dance clothing.
• A student’s age is merely a guideline and final placement is at the discretion of the instructor. This policy is in place to ensure that the students are dancing at their appropriate level.
• Inclement Weather: Backstage will close for inclement weather if the school district closes.
• Any class with less than five students on October 5 may be cancelled.
Student Class Behavior:
1. Attendance: Regular attendance is expected. Please arrive on time and do not enter the class late unless necessary. To make up
a class, you may attend the same level class within a 30 day period.
2. Students are expected to wear dress code attire. Failure to do so may result in removal from the class after one warning.
3. Students are expected to listen and not disrupt class - cell phones are to be turned off during class.
4. Students are not allowed to chew gum.
5. Teacher may temporarily or permanently remove student from the class due to disrespectful behavior.
Parent and Guests of Backstage Regulations:
1. No foul language, running, or throwing objects in the facility. Please be respectful of others.
2. Please do not move furniture and dispose of all of your trash into the provided trash bins.
3. If you have a small child, please assist them in the bathroom to ensure toilets are properly maintained.
4. Please make sure that you are here to pick up your child at the end of class time. If you are more than 5 minutes late, your account is subject to being charged $10 after the second occurrence.