Rates and Policies
Registration Fee: Annual Fee. $35.00 for first child / $25.00 for each additional child in family. To be paid at Registration. Required to reserve spot in class.
Registering for classes at Backstage Dance Studio is a commitment from August to May. Tuition is divided into ten monthly installments (August to May). You are registering for a 34-36 week program and will be charged full tuition each month regardless of attendance, closures, and/or studio and school holidays. A 5 minute passing period between classes is included in the number of weekly hours.
All registration, tuition, costume and recital fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Tuition – Auto Draft:
Automatic monthly debit from Checking Account or Credit of choice. Payment is taken out the 5th of each month. Non-refundable. If payment is not paid by the 8th of the month, a $10.00 late fee will be automatically applied to account. Non-refundable.
Class Withdrawal: To withdraw from a class, a 15-day notice is due via our withdraw form. If the notice is not received more than 15-days before the 5th of the month, a full month’s tuition fee will be drafted.
Second child in family receives a 10% monthly tuition discount.
Full payment is due by November 15. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
*This fee will be automatically drafted on November 15, 2023
*Costume Fees are subject to sales tax (prices listed below do not include sales tax)
*Costumes purchased after December 15, 2023 will result in a $5.00 additional fee for shipping and cannot be guaranteed by Recital Picture time.
LEVEL II BALLET/TAP/JAZZ
LEVEL III-LEVEL VII
Full payment is due by April 15. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
PER FAMILY WITH 2+ DANCERS
*Recital Fee will be automatically drafted on April 15, 2024.
*This fee includes a digital video copy of all 2024 Recital Dance
*Recital Fee does not include tickets; a ticket is required per performance.
Holidays: Backstage will be closed the following dates:
Labor Day (September 4, 2023)
Halloween (October 31, 2023)
Thanksgiving (November 20-24, 2023)
Christmas (December 18, 2023 – January 5, 2024) *Classes Resume January 8, 2024
Spring Break (March 11, 2024 – March 15, 2024)
Good Friday (March 29, 2024)
Memorial Day (May 27, 2024)
Pre-School & Ballet/Tap I: Black or pink leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt (optional), ballet shoes, black tap shoes, hair up.
Jazz/Hip/Hop I & Musical Theatre I: Black leotard, tan tights, Capris or jazz pants or dance shorts, tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
Ballet/Tap/Jazz II: Black or pink leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt (optional), pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes, and tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
Musical Theatre II & III: Black leotard, tan tights, Capris or jazz pants or dance shorts, tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
Hip/Hop II & III: Athletic clothing like tank tops, t-shirts, and yoga pants/shorts (no jeans), tan jazz shoes, hair up.
Ballet III – VII: Black leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt or black dance shorts, pink split sole ballet shoes, hair in bun.
Jazz III – VII, Lyrical, Leaps/Turns, Acro: Black leotard, tan tights, black Capris, jazz pants or dance shorts, tan split sole jazz shoe or dance paws, hair up.
Tap III & Up: Black leotard, tan tights, black Capris, jazz pants or dance shorts, black tap shoe, hair up.
Adults and Gentlemen: May wear appropriate comfortable dance clothing.
• Student age is based on age as of October 1, 2023; however, a student’s age is merely a guideline and final placement is at the discretion of the instructor. This policy is in place to ensure that the students are dancing at their appropriate level.
• Inclement Weather: Backstage will close for inclement weather if the school district closes.
• Any class with less than five students on October 5 may be cancelled.
Student Class Behavior:
1. Attendance: Regular attendance is expected. Please arrive on time and do not enter the class late unless necessary. To make up a class, you may attend the same level class within a 30 day period.
2. Students are expected to wear dress code attire. Failure to do so may result in removal from the class after one warning.
3. Students are expected to listen and not disrupt class - cell phones are to be turned off during class.
4. Students are not allowed to chew gum.
5. Teacher may temporarily or permanently remove student from the class due to disrespectful behavior.
Parent and Guests of Backstage Regulations:
1. No foul language, running, or throwing objects in the facility. Please be respectful of others.
2. Please do not move furniture and dispose of all of your trash into the provided trash bins.
3. If you have a small child, please assist them in the bathroom to ensure toilets are properly maintained.
4. Please make sure that you are here to pick up your child at the end of class time. If you are more than 5 minutes late, your account is subject to being charged a $10 late pick up fee.
We love Backstage because they not only teach dance, but also discipline and confidence! Because of Backstage's dedicated, talented and loving staff, my daughter's love for dance has turned into a passion!
— Krystal C.