Rates and Policies
Registration Fee: Annual Fee. $35.00 for first child / $20.00 for each additional child in family. To be paid at Registration. Required to reserve spot in class.
Registering for classes at Backstage Dance Studio is a commitment from August to May. Tuition is divided into ten monthly installments (August to May). You are registering for a 35-36 week program and will be charged full tuition each month regardless of attendance and/or school holidays.
All registration, tuition, costume and recital fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Tuition: Method of Payment – choose 1, 2, or 3
1. Auto pay: Automatic monthly debit from Checking Account or Credit of choice. Payment is taken out the 5th of each month. NON-REFUNDABLE
2. ½ year payment: 2 payments - one in August and one in January. 5% discount on Tuition. NON-REFUNDABLE
3. 1 Year Payment: One payment in August. 10% discount on Tuition.
Class Withdrawal: To withdraw from a class, a written 30 day notice is due to the front desk or via email at .
Second child in family receives a 10% monthly tuition discount.
Costume Fee: Full payment is due by November 15. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
*This fee will be automatically drafted on November 15, 2017
*Costumes purchased after December 15, 2017 will result in a $5.00 additional fee for shipping and cannot be guaranteed by Recital Picture time.
Pre-School-Level l: $65.00
Level ll Ballet/Tap/Jazz: $85.00
Level ll-Level III: $70.00
Level lV-Level VII: $80.00
Recital Fee: Full payment due by April 15. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
$50.00 Per Dancer / $100 Per Family with 2+ Dancers.
Recital Fee does not include tickets. Tickets will be $5 each.
*This fee will be automatically drafted on April 15, 2018
Holidays: Backstage will be closed the following dates:
• Labor Day (September 4, 2017)
• Halloween (October 31, 2017)
• Thanksgiving (November 20 - 24, 2017)
• Christmas (December 22, 2017- January 5, 2018 - Classes will resume on
Monday, January 8, 2018)
• Spring Break (March 12 - 16, 2018)
• Pre-School & Ballet/Tap I: Black or pink leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt (optional),
ballet shoes, black tap shoes, hair up.
• Jazz/Hip/Hop I & Jazz/Musical Theatre I: Black leotard, tan tights, Capris or jazz pants
or dance shorts, tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
• Ballet/Tap/Jazz II: Black or pink leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt (optional), pink ballet
shoes, black tap shoes, and tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
• Musical Theatre II & III: B lack leotard, tan tights, Capris or jazz pants or dance shorts,
tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up
• Hip/Hop II: Appropriate comfortable clothing, clean tennis shoes, hair up.
• Drill Team Technique: Black leotard, black jazz pants, tan split sole jazz shoe, hair up.
• Ballet III - VII: Black leotard, pink tights, ballet skirt or black dance shorts, pink split sole
ballet shoes, hair in bun.
• Jazz III - VII: Black leotard, tan tights, black Capris, jazz pants or dance shorts,
tan split sole jazz shoe or dance paws, hair up.
• Adults: May wear appropriate comfortable dance clothing.
• A student’s age is merely a guideline and final placement is at the discretion of the instructor. This policy is in place to ensure that the students are dancing at their appropriate level.
• Inclement Weather: Backstage will close for inclement weather if the school district closes.
• Any class with less than five students on October 5 may be cancelled.
Student Class Behavior:
1. Attendance: Regular attendance is expected. Please arrive on time and do not enter the class late unless necessary. To make up
a class, you may attend the same level class within a 30 day period.
2. Students are expected to wear dress code attire. Failure to do so may result in removal from the class after one warning.
3. Students are expected to listen and not disrupt class - cell phones are to be turned off during class.
4. Students are not allowed to chew gum.
5. Teacher may temporarily or permanently remove student from the class due to disrespectful behavior.
Parent and Guests of Backstage Regulations:
1. No foul language, running, or throwing objects in the facility. Please be respectful of others.
2. Please do not move furniture and dispose of all of your trash into the provided trash bins.
3. If you have a small child, please assist them in the bathroom to ensure toilets are properly maintained.
4. Please make sure that you are here to pick up your child at the end of class time. If you are more than 5 minutes late, your account is subject to being charged $10 after the second occurrence.
"Our daughter has attended her first two years of dance at Backstage Dance Studio and couldn't love it more. I truly believe that the amazing and talented instructors are one of a kind and love what they do. They not only instill love for the art of dance but self-confidence, which is priceless. We look forward to many more years here and to watching our daughter develop a life enriching art."
— Amanda Cano